The ASA Education Committee provides a way for a student to meet one-on-one with a member of the Acoustical Society over lunch. The purpose is to make it easier for students to meet and interact with members at ASA Meetings. Each lunch pairing is arranged separately. Students who wish to participate should contact David Blackstock, University of Texas at Austin, through email [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please give Dr. Blackstock your name, university, department, degree you are seeking (BS, MS, or PhD), research field, acoustical interests, your supervisor’s name, days during the upcoming meeting that you are free for lunch and abstract number (or title) of any paper you are presenting at the meeting. The sign-up deadline is 12 days before the start of the Meeting, but an earlier sign-up is strongly encouraged. Each participant pays for his/her own meal.
- Boston ASA – Gallery of Acoustics Submissions
- RIO Acoustics 2017 – Abstract Submission Deadline Extended!
- Undergraduate Research Summer Position at Penn State Sound Perception and Room Acoustics Laboratory (SPRAL)
- Post-doctoral opportunity at Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Canada
- Undergrad Summer School at NCPA