These awards, for study and research leading to a doctoral degree, will be given to individuals who have demonstrated a special aptitude and desire for advanced training in ocean acoustics or the related disciplines of undersea signal processing, marine structural acoustics, and transducer materials science. Applicants must have received their baccalaureate or master degrees within three years of the year in which they apply and must plan to attend an institution with doctoral granting programs in the ocean sciences or related fields. These awards are 36 months in duration and shall cover the student’s full tuition, salary, and required fees. Applications should include a letter of intent (describing applicant’s research interests and academic institution he/she is planning to attend), three reference letters, and official transcripts. ONR expects to grant 5-8 new graduate traineeships per year.
- Boston ASA – Gallery of Acoustics Submissions
- RIO Acoustics 2017 – Abstract Submission Deadline Extended!
- Undergraduate Research Summer Position at Penn State Sound Perception and Room Acoustics Laboratory (SPRAL)
- Post-doctoral opportunity at Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Canada
- Undergrad Summer School at NCPA