Internship at Schlumberger Doll Research Center
Duration: 2018, 4 – 6+ months (flexible)
At Schlumberger-Doll Research (SDR) center in Cambridge, MA, the Telemetry and Vision Program is conducting applied research and developing technology using acoustics for subsea applications related with oilfield operations, such as communications and positioning. We are working to develop a reliable, high bit-rate, high-resolution acoustic comm.s system. Under the supervision of an experienced research scientist, the intern will be expected to define, execute and interpret results of lab experiments or numerical simulations.
Job responsibilities can include any of the following:
- Perform underwater acoustic testing with different transducers/hydrophones
- Signal processing of measurements
- Consider interaction of underwater acoustic propagation with scatterers
The ideal candidate should have as many of the following:
- Enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program in Acoustics, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering disciples
- Working knowledge of relevant software (i.e. matlab) and hardware (transducers, hydrophones) is highly desirable
- Able to work independently
- Motivated and passionate about his/her work
- Competitive salary
- Lease allowance
For additional questions or clarification, please email GChoi@slb.com. Candidates interested should send a resume and cover letter before Feb. 7th.