The Department of Physics at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is recruiting a postdoctoral research associate to join the LADC-GEMM consortium (www.ladcgemm.org) and to participate in acoustic data processing for investigating long-term impact of oil spill and other environmental disturbances on marine mammal in the Gulf of Mexico. The position is funded by the GOMRI grant. The postdoctoral research associate is expected to run existing and develop new computational tools to detect, localize, and classify marine mammal calls.
- PhD in physics or closely related field.
- Strong programming skills, with expertise in MATLAB
- Familiarity with acoustics and signal processing.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical software packages.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong writing skills and record of publication.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Begin and End Dates: Opening available June 1, 2018; 1 year initial appointment, renewable for up to two additional years.
Questions: should be addressed to Natalia Sidorovskaia, Dept. of Physics, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, email@example.com
University of Louisiana at Lafayette is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for the position, submit your application online at https://louisiana.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=263