Post-doc position – Ultrasound-based in-the-body communication
The Lab on Cardiovascular Imaging and Dynamics is looking for a post-doctoral researcher for a 2 year position in the field of medical wireless communication. The lab is part of the department of Cardiovascular Sciences of the University of Leuven (Belgium). It is embedded within the Medical Imaging Research Center (MIRC), a multi-disciplinary research institute with around 100 researchers working on fundamental and translational research in the area of medical imaging and image processing. The MIRC (http://www.medicalimagingcenter.be) is located on the campus of the university hospital Gasthuisberg where basic researchers and clinicians work in close cooperation.
The aim of the project is to explore and enable communication between electronic devices in and around the body through acoustic waves. Outcomes are expected to revolutionize pacemaker communication, implanted defibrillators and capsule endoscopy.
– You have a PhD degree in physics, biomedical engineering or signal processing
– You have experience in ultrasound imaging, signal processing and programming
– Hands-on experience with ultrasound scanners and experimental work is a plus
– You are fluent in oral and written English
– You can work independently but are also a team player
– You are enthusiastic and result oriented
We offer a 2 year scholarship in a large, multidisciplinary research center in the heart of Europe. The position is available now.
Apply now and send your CV, a motivation letter and 2 recommendation letters to Prof. Dr. Jan D’hooge (email@example.com) and Dr. Brecht Heyde (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can apply up to November 5th 2016.