The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory is seeking candidates for a Senior Acoustician (Sonar) position.
About the job…
- As technical lead, you will provide acoustics and sonar expertise for the development passive and active acoustics concepts.
- You will work with internal partners and U.S. Navy sponsors to develop business strategy and solutions to Undersea Warfare and acoustics challenges. You will advise leadership on internal initiatives and independent research and development.
- You will represent APL on advisory boards and serve on panels as an authority on acoustics and acoustic systems performance.
- You will mentor junior acousticians and scientists to help develop next-generation leaders in underwater acoustics.
- You will write reports and present briefings to teammates, leaders, sponsors, and peer review groups. You will travel to meetings and Navy sea vessels, up to 20% of your time.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. APL employees enjoy generous benefits, flexible work schedules, and healthy work/life balance. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/employment.
To get more information, or to apply to the position, go to www.jhuapl.edu/employment and search for job # 13803.