HDR Engineering, Inc. is seeking applicants for an Acoustical Specialist position.
Below is some information that HDR provided about their company:
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Below is information about the responsibilities and desired qualifications for the position:
- Work on, and potentially lead architectural acoustics assessments.
- Serve as an acoustical and/or vibration specialist conducting analyses to develop design options or recommendations and prepare service deliverable documents
- Perform acoustical (noise/vibration) assignments requiring application of standard and non-standard analysis techniques and procedures
- Complete projects with clear, specified objectives and limited variables
- Work independently on projects or assist on larger projects
- Give direction to clerical, technical and lower-level professional personnel as needed
- Focus on tasks including acoustical analyses, vibration-related analyses and field testing.
- Perform other related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Math, Physics or closely related field
- At least 5 years related experience in architectural acoustics.
- Leadership skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment and also independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with REVIT, EASE, INSUL, and Trane Acoustics Program (TAP) or equivalent room acoustics modeling software, sound isolation modeling software, and mechanical noise modeling software.
- Proficiency with state-of-the-art with tools used to measure acoustical values, noise, and vibration and software used to process and analyze that measurement data
- Must be familiar with relevant ISO, ANSI, ASTM and related acoustical standards
- Familiar with current guidance documents for architectural acoustical analyses (UFC, LEED, FGI, AISC, etc.)
- Requires occasional travel
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently are required. Must excel at being a member of a team.
- 5+ years of experience performing footfall vibration analyses
- 5+ years of experience performing mechanical noise and vibration analyses
- Proficient with LABVIEW or MATLAB
- Familiar with Larson Davis and NI instrumentation
- Experience with audio system design
- Master’s degree in Acoustics, Math, Physics, or closely related field
Preference given to local candidates
Highway + Road
BusinessClass: Program Management
To apply to the position, apply online at www.hdrinc.com (careers tab). Look for the job title and number “Acoustical Specialist 2 – (147668)”. Entry-level people are encouraged to apply.