Candidates: MS or PhD Students (Mechanical Engineering, Aerodynamics or related)
Interests: CFD, Aeroacoustics, CAA, Coding
Terms: Full Time Paid Internship (40 hours/week on-site)
Duration: 6 Months preferred (will consider 3 – 9 months)
Start: Ongoing Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 2016 – 2017
Location: Brisbane, CA (Metro San Francisco)
Exa Corporation seeks an MS or PhD student in Mechanical Engineering for a full time six (6) month internship position at Exa‘s Brisbane, CA location (metro San Francisco). You will report directly to a Principal Application Engineer working in the Aeroacoustics Applications Management team. Our team is responsible for developing and deploying PowerFLOW simulation solutions for aeroacoustics applications across a variety of industries worldwide with an emphasis on ground transportation. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to the development of advanced aeroacoustics post-processing tools and analysis techniques related to flow-induced noise problems.
Role & Responsibilities:
As an Aeroacoustics Application Engineer Intern you will:
- Assist a Principal Application Engineer in modeling flow-induced noise mechanisms
- Be involved in complex and innovative simulation methodology developments and detailed validation studies
- Gain extensive experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Computational Aeroacoustics (CAA) pre- and post-processing software.
- Interact with the development team for product testing of new capabilities, and prototype development for new or enhanced functionality.
- Collaborate with the Aeroacoustics Application Team and eventually global field teams to deploy new analyses methods.
Education & Requirements:
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in an MS or PhD program in Mechanical Engineering, Aerodynamics or related Engineering discipline (recent graduates will be considered)
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamics (CFD) and aeroacoustics fundamentals (CAA)
- Course/lab experience using CAE Tools
- Good knowledge of Unix and Python
- Experience with 3-D visualization and C++ are a plus
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong English written/oral communication and presentation skills
The successful candidate will be quality focused and able to work independently. If you are an ambitious team player with strong skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you.
TO APPLY: For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
150 North Hill Drive
Brisbane, CA 94005
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer
Exa (NASDAQ:EXA) (www.exa.com) Corporation’s visualization and simulation software helps designers and engineers produce better vehicles and equipment. As a design evolves, Exa accurately predicts the performance of that design while providing actionable insight to optimize the performance of the product. With Exa, the need for costly physical prototypes and expensive late-stage changes is reduced. Now, designers and engineers are freed from the risk of producing compromised products that do not meet market and regulatory requirements. Some of the most successful product companies in the world use Exa, including BMW, Delphi, Denso, Fiat Chrysler, Ford, Hino, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kenworth, Komatsu, MAN, Nissan, Peterbilt, Peugeot, Renault, Scania, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo Trucks. With over 320 employees, Exa has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Employees are encouraged to have a passion for learning, innovative thinking, ownership and personal achievement. As Exa continues its strong growth and global expansion, its increasing size and complexity offers significant opportunities to Exa’s talented technical and business professionals.
Key Words: Mechanical engineer, aerodynamics, aeroacoustics, CFD, CAA, computational fluid dynamics, computational, UNIX, Python, 3 D visualization, C++